SAT Biology Subject Test Class with Susan Dorfman
Taking the SAT Subject Test in either Biology Ecological or Biology Molecular can help you indicate to colleges that you are interested in focusing on science. The Biology Subject Test assesses your understanding of the major concepts of biology typically learned in high school and is an excellent way to showcase your achievements.
- Biology Ecological (Biology-E)Leans more toward biological communities, populations, and energy flow
- Biology Molecular (Biology-M)Geared toward biochemistry, cellular structure and processes, such as respiration and photosynthesis
How to Choose between Biology-E (Ecological) and Biology-M (Molecular)
- Take Biology E if you feel more comfortable answering questions about biological communities, populations, and energy flow.
- Take Biology M if you feel more comfortable answering questions about biochemistry, cellular structure and processes, such as respiration and photosynthesis.
- Indicate choice of Biology E or Biology M by filling in the appropriate circle on your answer sheet for the test you have chosen to take on test day. You must indicate Biology E or Biology M on your answer sheet on test day for the test to be scored correctly
- You cannot take both tests on the same test date, but you can take them on two different test dates.
Please note that this test reflects what is commonly taught in high school. Due to differences in high school classes, it’s likely that most students will find questions on topics they’re not familiar with. This is nothing to worry about. You do not have to get every question correct to receive the highest score (800) for the test. Many students do well despite not having studied every topic covered.
How much work should I expect to do?
The class is 8 weeks long. Students should expect to spend 3-6 hours of homework per week. Each week, students…
- attend a two-hour class session each week
- complete a focused assignment set (approximately 2 – 4 hours per week based on the students background)
- complete a 1-hour practice test (outside of class time) each week.
The course fee is $995.00. Your seat in the course is reserved once the course fee is paid in full.
What if I miss a class?
Students that miss a class are eligible to receive all missed instructional materials. The class rate is a fixed price and non-negotiable. There are no refunds or credits for missed classes.